Sandy found yoga when her three children were in middle school. She was looking for a way to become calmer, grounded and less stressed. Yoga provided that. It continues to help Sandy deal with the stress and chaos of living in this modern life. It is her way of getting back to what matters – love and compassion for all beings everywhere.
Sandy had wanted to take teacher training for a long time, but couldn't fit it into her 5 day work week schedule. One Love offers weekends only training, so in January 2016, she jumped at the chance to get her YRT 200 certification.
Sandy has practiced at many of the area’s yoga studios. She loves the diversity of the studios and teachers. Influences of many of those teachers can be seen in Sandy’s teaching style. Sandy believes that slow steady breathing, soft soothing music and holding poses a bit longer will cultivate a calm mind.
Sandy is always learning and has taken many workshops over the years, including:
• 100 hour teacher training certificate from Charry Shakti Om (Charry Morris) January 2014
• Yoga Alliance RYT 200 April 2015
• Practical Reiki Master 2015
• Yoga Workshops by some of the leading Dharma Mittra teachers: Charry Morris, Alex Baechler, Yiannis Andritsos, Brenden Lentz, Rebecca Kovacs and Sri Andre Ram
• Meditation workshops lead by Elena Georgouses
• Chakra workshops lead by Jennessee Roy
Sandy Brotje instructs the following:
A slower class that uses the basic postures of vinyasa flow to focus on breath work and alignment. This class is a good transition class between basic and vinyasa flow. Slow Flow yoga provides a relaxing environment where you can drop the stress of everyday life.
Relax and unwind for the winter holidays with a restorative class. Restorative yoga helps relieve stress and tension, rejuvenates the body. It also improves the quality of sleep and digestion and builds immune functioning.